Monday, June 10, 2013

Meditation, Ritual and Favorite Practice

 I love getting into that place where I can dim the lights, burn some incense, and sit in silence. 

No electronics.  No interruptions.  No background noise, save what comes through the open window.

 It is in this space that I feel the most grounded.  Once my body and mind are stilled, I simply rest in the presence of Spirit.  Space and time cease to exist; Everything becomes light.  I carry no burdens.  I simply allow myself to be.

These are moments of experiencing the Divine and I become a receptacle of complete, unconditional love and full serenity.

After being in this state of 'oneness' (it could be 20 minutes or 2 hours) I may do a meditation as compelled.  Sometimes, I'll do a chakra clearing meditation.  Other times I may do a color meditation, where I pick the color that corresponds to one of the chakra centers and visualize a cloud of that color opening, filling and expanding that specific chakra center.

One of my favorite meditations is what i call the "Expanding Heart" meditation.  While connected to Source, I imagine my heart expanding.  As I visualize it expanding, I silently say "My heart is expanding and I carry (someone's name) in my heart."  I might switch it around a little and say "My heart is expanding and I have room in my heart for (someone's name.)"  I do this for the people currently in my life, being sure to include those that are or have been special to me, as well as those with whom I have experienced difficulty.  I visualize that person entering my expanded heart, and I send them love.

This is an amazing meditation after encountering unpleasant people throughout the day, or after a challenging drive home.  It allows me to clear any negative emotions I may harbor in my unconscious, and it allows me to open and expand my heart chakra.  It also allows me to feel very connected to the people who have a meaningful place in my life.

I have just begun using this meditation to include those whom are personally unknown to me, but may encounter my spirit through writing or third party conversations.  Yes, I have room in my heart for you, and I send you love.

If you struggle with difficult people, I recommend trying this meditation.  I've experienced some amazing healing of family relationships after doing this meditation.  I have also encountered sensing physical illness in others while practicing this meditation.  When sensing physical illness or emotional pain in others during this meditation, I take the time to do some remote energy work in addition to sending them love. The results can be miraculous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment